Wednesday, April 24, 2013

4/27 Saturday Ride

We'll take advantage of the good forecast to head out to Pineland this weekend (Ride route). It looks to be pretty nice all day, so we will plan to leave the shop at 8:00am.

We are also looking for volunteers to help lead the ride on a regular basis. If you are interested, send me an email. We need folks ASAP, so don't be shy.

A quick safety tip for those of you with iPhones. Please create a contact titled "Emergency" in your phone. For most of you, this will allow the use of Siri to call numbers stored under that contact without having to unlock your phone. I assume Android phones have a similar feature. This doesn't replace the need for wearing some form of emergency contact information, but it does add another layer in the event something happens during the ride.

Finally, we would like to open a dialogue regarding the purpose and the future of the Saturday ride. Traditionally, this ride was the introductory ride, designed to provide a gateway into group riding. However, over the past few years, we have stretched that definition significantly. Last year I noticed that the tension seemed to be growing and the ride seemed to be polarizing a bit more than in the past. The current season is young, but there are signs that the gap is widening. Since the riders make the ride, we would appreciate your feedback on where we are, what we need to improve and what the goals of the ride should be. Please feel free to use the comments, email me, email Bron, or simply take a few minutes to give us your thoughts during the ride.

See you Saturday.

Thursday, April 18, 2013

4/21 Sunday Ride

We are moving the start time on Sunday to 9:00 to give the temps a chance to climb above 40°. 
See you at 9:00 at Back Bay Bikes.


It's been a bad spring for Saturday rides and this week doesn't look to be much different. In an effort to actually get out and ride, we are moving the ride to SUNDAY. For now, we are going to shoot for an 8:00 9:00 departure since it doesn't appear that things will warm up all that much if we delay the start.

The plan is to do our route out toward Freeport (Ride Route) and anyone who wants can split off at South Freeport Road to head up toward Brunswick and get some extra miles in.

Friday, April 12, 2013

4/13 Saturday Ride -- Maybe?

I can't make the ride this week and I haven't received confirmation from Bron whether she can make it. So, if someone is willing to play the role of leader, feel free to step up. Use the comments (please do not post as "anonymous") to pick a time and a route. My suggestion is to meet at 9:00 so the clouds have a chance to burn off a bit.

Friday, April 5, 2013

4/6 Saturday Ride Cancelled

While the temps look like they will inch just high enough to justify a ride, the combination of strong winds from the northwest have convinced us to cancel the ride this week.