Wednesday, November 24, 2010

11/26 & 27 Rides

---- UPDATE ----

Although it looks to be pretty nice tomorrow afternoon, temps will be below freezing much of the morning. Given the precipitation we've had around, we're going to cancel the ride due to the distinct possibility that there will be icy spots.

The weather is calling for 100% chance of "wintry mix" on Friday, so there will be no ride Friday morning.

Saturday looks like it could start cloudy and/or with snow showers, but that things should brighten up as the day goes on. At this point, we'll plan on riding at 9:00 on Saturday morning and heading out for about 30 miles. However, if it looks like there will be snow around or ice on the roads we'll have to bail on Saturday as well. I'll update the blog by midday Friday with a final decision.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Thursday, November 18, 2010

11/20 Saturday Ride


Looks like only the hearty souls made it for this week's ride.


Well, it's looking like another cold windy day, but we'll be leaving from the shop for a ride again this week. The route is TBD, based on the temperature and wind direction.

For those of you looking to give the sun a chance to warm things up before you head out, there is a Cranksgiving ride leaving from AllSpeed Cyclery and Snow on Auburn St. (right across from Shaw's) at 10:00am. In a nutshell, Cranksgiving is a scavenger hunt for a good cause. Folks get a list of pantry items that they need to ride around town to purchase. After the event, the items get donated to charities. Apparently the stuff on the list will cost about $20. If you want more info, drop Bron an email.

Finally, there has been some talk of a Black Friday ride (aka "the turkey burner"). There's another one of those polls over there to the right asking who's interested. I'd be open to riding Friday, Saturday or both, so vote and let me know what folks want. The poll is open until Tuesday night and I'll be posting detail on next week's riding on Wednesday.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

11/13 Saturday Ride

It looks to like it will be a great late fall day on Saturday, so there will be a ride. The only hitch is that I can't be there. Any volunteers to lead? Drop me an email if you're interested.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

11/6 Saturday Ride

------ UPDATE ------

There are more than enough folks interested, so we'll plan on heading out from the shop at 8:00am tomorrow morning. For those of you planning to join us en route, we will head out Middle Rd. to Freeport (MapMyRide route).


Hmmm, 40 degrees and a chance of showers. I'm open to the idea that we ride regardless of the weather, but I'll need a show of support, so drop me an email and let me me know if you are interested in riding this week. Alternatively, you could try out the shiny new poll I posted over there to the right of this post.

If there are more than 3 yes votes by 7:00 Friday night, we'll ride. The route will be an on-the-fly decision, but I'm thinking it would be nice to head out toward Freeport (MapMyRide route).