At a bit over 51 miles, the loop toward Brunswick is one of the longer rides that we do. The total time for the 51 miles will likely be in the neighborhood of just over three hours, so please plan accordingly. In three hours on the bike, the weather is certain to change during the ride, so make sure you are dressed appropriately. In addition, it is important to have enough liquids and preferably some solid food to consume. We highly recommend bringing two full water bottles and something to munch on like an energy bar or a bagel. We pass the Bow St. Market in Freeport at about mile 32, which will provide people a chance to refuel if needed.
Next week we will be taking a break from these longer rides to give people a chance to rest. But, the following two weeks will include lots of hills and then Memorial Day will be upon us. If you are interested in using the longer Saturday routes as way to prepare for the Memorial Day ride, here is the tentative ride schedule:
- 5/1 Saturday Ride: Brunswick Loop (MapMyRide route)
- 5/8 Saturday Ride: Mountain Rd. and Mast Rd. (MapMyRide route)
- 5/15 Saturday Ride: Mountain Rd, Dutton Hill and Depot Rd. (MapMyRide route)
- 5/22 Saturday Ride: Raymond Hill loop - leaving from Cumberland (MapMyRide route)
- 5/29 Saturday Ride: Middle Rd, Tuttle and Greely (MapMyRide route)
- 5/31 MEMORIAL DAY RIDE (MapMyRide route)
Please email me if you have any questions.